Dennis Rader, is part of The Rader Family, who for decades, entertained locals and tourists at the Ocean Opry Music Show in Panama City Beach, Florida. Ocean Opry was much like the shows in Branson, MO or Pigeon Forge, TN.
Dennis spent 27 years as musician, vocalist, and comedian in “The Rader Family”. During those years, Dennis played numerous instruments, including drums, pedal steel guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboards, and bass guitar.
Because he was known as the hillbilly comedian, you might think Dennis is new to being a featured singer, however, he has been traveling the Southeast USA, performing as a solo artist now for many years.
He has led worship and entertained in hundreds of auditoriums, churches, and other venues. If you ever saw him in as hillbilly comedian character, “Moonshine”, wearing floppy hat and baggy overhauls you are sure to never forget him and his comedic nature. Now you need to experience Dennis and all he is today.
Dennis’ home away from the beach now is Nashville, Tennessee which enables travel in several directions to cities for shows. He has never been afraid of hard work. The thing Dennis enjoys most is getting to testify, performing, and sharing the fun, laughter, and music.
Additionally, Dennis says the more experiences you have in life, the deeper you become as an entertainer. Little pieces of life rub off on you.” Dennis says it’s important for him to not move so fast in life, that he’s hard to catch up with … and he is happy to be available for those around him. Dennis is the guy that somebody can stop and he will visit with them.
Dennis never wants his to-do list, to get in the way of meeting someone and sharing an experience with them,
You can keep up with all of The Rader Family on their Facebook Page, please find it, like it, and follow along.
And, please make your plans to follow through with bringing Dennis to town for your church or special event.
You’ll be glad you did!
Interesting facts and benchmarks in the life of Dennis Rader
- Dennis and his wife Carla both grew up in church, learning to follow God’s lead.
- Dennis and Carla married on July 30, 1977.
- The very first show at Ocean Opry Theater was August 5, 1978
- Dennis was Ordained as a Deacon at FBC, Panama City, FL in October of 1987,
- Dennis was Ordained as a Minister in April of 1997, after God called him to ministry at Gulf Beach Baptist, PCB, FL.
- Dennis has served a total of 14 years on church staffs and has the utmost respect for anyone who is serving in a staff position at a church.
- The very last show at Ocean Opry Theater was August 6, 2005.
- Closing the theater allowed for Mom n Pop Rader to retire back in 2005.
- Wayne Rader, or Pop as many friends called him, went to be with the Lord in June of 2015.
- Wayne is missed here, but is no doubt worshiping and praising our Father in Heaven.
- Dennis and Carla were residents of PCB, FL since 1978. Now living in Nashville, TN.
- They raised their family, to love and worship God. These days they have made a home away from the beach in Nashville, TN where they can stay close to their grown children and also spend time with the grandkids.